Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sports Collectibles Show!?

Hi everybody!  Can't believe it's been so long since I decided to chat with the world!  I don't think I went anywhere in the month of October and unfortunately it took its toll on my disposition  :(   Now it seems, life is full of adventures again~  Hooray!  I even made my way to my sewing table for the first time in a couple years.
My first adventure after going basically nowhere for the month (well, I did see Frankenweenie twice!) was to a Sports Show.  The Greater Boston Sports Collectors Convention.  Yeah, me at a sports show...  Kind of like, well...  I think my sons have more interest in a visit to a fabric store with me than I have in sports.   I went because my son wanted to go see some of the celebrities.  And there were plenty scheduled.  Actually paid money to go in and look at balls...  walls of balls!  Mostly signed by baseball players.  All prices.  Saw a Walter Johnson for sale for $64,999!!  Always something like that to keep me paying attention.  But my adventure was looking for Mickey Mouse!  As always, I guess  :)  Very hard to find there.  But I did find him on one wall.  Also found a fabulous little wall of Lego figures!  And my favorite chat was with Gary Sohmers~ King of Pop Culture~ at his booth.  Always count on him to have some pixie dust to make me smile.  Turned out to be the highlight of my day as Gary had a Disney dream pin~ a tiny cast member silver pin that says DREAM on it~ stands for Disney Resort Experiences Are Magical!  So my journey into the world of sports ended with a little magic to bring home... as all adventures should!  Lots of auctions coming up~ tell you about some tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment