Sunday, November 18, 2012

Huge Wilmington Toy Auction!

 It was a totally amazing huge toy auction today in Wilmington.  Put on by Boston Auctions with our beloved Vinnie as the auctioneer!  This was their first vintage toy auction and it was better than any other one I have ever been to.  Everything from dolls~ Barbie, Shirley Temple, and Madame Alexander to name a few, to trains and car race tracks complete in their boxes.  Something for everyone~ especially us baby boomers looking to buy pieces of our childhood!
Just to give you an idea of the typical Wilmington set-up the first photo is across the front behind the auctioneer, but the covered carts aren't usually there~ they were up for auction today.  Second photo is some of the rows of tables that are to the right of the audience.  Third photo is the left with rows of tables in the opposite  direction   from the other side.  The quantity must be seen to be believed! 
Biggest sale of the day was a Barbie lot.  There were many of them~ dolls, cases, clothes, etc.  The one I thought looked interesting was a bunch of clothes, many rumpled, but there were many many accessories.   Who doesn't love Barbie's "stuff"?  She had, actually still has, it all!   So it was time for this rather messed up box of goodies.  I wasn't the only one who noticed it...  It started at $20, like many of the lots were started at, and it went higher and higher...  Finally ended at $350!!  The winning bidder just sat there like she was at a funeral.  I hate that.  I know everyone "plays" their own way, but come on, when you win it's cause for celebration!  And so tomorrow, or maybe later today I guess...  I will tell you what I won that gave me cause to celebrate!  And celebrate I do!  With a sitting happy dance!  Just ask Vinnie~ he kind of notices  :)  You want a clue?  I WAS celebrating Mickey Mouse's birthday!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment