Sunday, November 18, 2012

Taunton Grey Barn Auction!

Totally awesome haul at the Grey Barn Auction house in Taunton on Monday night!  You must visit here if you have a sense of adventure at auctions!  I have unfortunately heard this place as auctions that are the result of dumpster diving  :(  Not quite, but often stuff that you wonder why anyone would buy it.  But I know for a fact there are plenty of people who wonder why I buy what I do!  You roam all over a giant barn during preview and yet, you don't see most of what is put up for auction!  So when they held up a little old sewing case full of notions and they said "sewing stuff" my head did one of those swivels...  lucky I didn't get whiplash!  Anybody want this sewing stuff?  $2?  Pick me!  Pick me!!  Then a bag full of "sewing stuff"...  $2?   Mine!  All mine!!  Mint in package notions.  A fishing lure in its box.  An awesome map from 1967 with all the fish you could find in North America at the time.  A 1969 graduation tassel.   A fabulous vintage dress pattern that is on its way to a friend in CA who is sewing for Disneyland's Dapper Day...  and more and more...  All for the grand total of $4!!  And then the adrenaline rush with anticipation for what I will find!  Oooohhhh I do love this game!!  Now time for Wilmington and a huge antique toy auction.  Probably won't get anything but should be fun!  Vinnie's the auctioneer and that's always a great time!
Happy 84th Birthday Mickey and Minnie Mouse!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment