Thursday, September 20, 2012

Brimfield Flea Market

Where has all the time gone?  Am I the only one who never has enough time?  Seems like only yesterday I went to the Brimfield Flea Market but it has been weeks! 
The Brimfield Flea Market is an amazing expanse of flea market fields.  Both sides of the road for as far as the eye can see...  It is always rated in the top five flea markets in the country with any publication that makes these lists.  Many many fields, one after the other~ all with names to make it easier to keep track of your traveling companions!  You collect something or actually need something vintage, there is a good chance you can find it here!  Tons of vintage clothing and linens.  That's my favorite.  That was my big find for the day~ a large box of vintage linens, about 50 nice clean assorted pieces for the grand total of $10!  I bought it, as my son said, in the first ten mintues of getting there.  It turned out to be THE bargain of the day!
Many many other booths full of linens, aprons, clothing, fabrics.  It took great self control to not get tempted into examining every single piece.  But as my son said, everything I looked at looked the same.  And there were SO many other treasures to discover!  Amish carts, suits of armor, buggies, dishes, skeletons!  Oh my!  And a lion, of course!

I do have to tell you the one thing we did not find much of at all~ sports memorabilia.  My son, Sam, who joined me on my flea market adventure, is an avid Red Sox fan (yeah, I know, poor Sam), and collects autographed baseballs.  And I thought linens were expensive...  We only saw one booth with sports memorabilia.  A nice assortment of balls, bats, and paper, but that was it.  Not much anywhere else in the whole flea market.  Of course I guess the sports guys could be in the areas that charge admission.  Yes, there are some flea markets with fended in dealers that charge admission.  I don't see why anyone goes in.  Why waste money looking at another couple hundred items when there are thousands to look at for free? 
That is part one of our Brimfield Flea Market adventure.  So many more photos to show you.  Lots more color.  And I haven't mentioned all the fabulous food yet!  I won't stay away so long this time.  Come back soon and I will introduce you to my new Disney friend I saw and fell in love with at the flea market!

No comments:

Post a Comment